Wings Foundation endeavors to financially assist flight attendants who are on the sick list and have nearly depleted their sick time.
An American Airlines mainline flight attendant facing an illness, injury, or disability that causes a critical need for financial assistance must meet these requirements for consideration:
- Active on the American Airlines APFA System Seniority List
- Five (5) hours of sick time available or less
- Presently on the sick/absence list or projected to be removed from service a minimum of forty-five (45) days with substantiated medical documentation
- Hold less than two (2) months of usable income to cover household expenses
- Provide a completed Flight Attendant Health Relief application along with supporting documentation outlined in the checklist
From our colleagues